Having issues with your webcam or microphone in the Evercast room? We can help.
When using Evercast for the first time, you will be prompted to 'Allow' your webcam and microphone on Google Chrome. If you accidentally clicked 'Block,' you will have to re-allow the devices:
1. Click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your Chrome browser. From the dropdown menu, select 'Settings,' and the Chrome settings page will open in a new tab.
2. From the Chrome settings page, click the 'Privacy and security' button on the left side menu, then click the 'Site Settings' button.
3. In the 'Site Settings' window, you will see 'Camera' and 'Microphone.' Click the device you want to unblock.
4. You should see https://app.evercast.us:443 under the 'Block' section. To unblock it, simply click the trash bin icon at the right.
5. Now that your device(s) are unblocked in the browser, you will just need to enable them in Evercast. Enter the Evercast room again by pasting in the URL or clicking the button in your email invitation. This will take you back to the Evercast lobby. You should see a pop-up asking you to 'Allow'/'Block' your device(s). Click 'Allow' for both your webcam and microphone.
6. Once you see yourself on screen, click 'Go Live' to join the room.
1. Go to 'System Preferences' on your Mac, then select 'Security & Privacy.'
2. Click the 'Privacy' tab. On the left side of the window, find 'Camera' and 'Microphone.' Make sure Google Chrome is checked in both tabs.
If 'Camera' and 'Microphone' aren't listed, skip this step and refresh the Evercast room on your Chrome Browser. If your webcam and/or microphone are still unavailable, restart your computer, then try to join the Evercast room again.
1. In the Windows search box, type 'Camera privacy settings.'
2. From the settings window, scroll down and make sure 'Desktop web app viewer' is set to 'On.'
3. Refresh the Evercast room, and it should fix the issue. If it does not work, restart your computer, then try to join the Evercast room again.