We're always working to improve your experience on Evercast. Here’s the latest:
- When a participant is muted and starts talking, a message now shows to remind them they are muted.
- If a participant is using push-to-talk, a message now appears when they enter the room to remind them that they are muted.
- If a participant is in the lobby, now the screen shows that a session is in progress, along with the number of participants in the room.
- Now room participants can select HD 4K resolution when sharing a screen.
- Fixed a bug where users were able to view deleted recordings.
- On Windows OS, the Alt key now works when selected as the push-to-talk key.
- If there are drawings on the screen previous to when a recording started, now those existing drawings are included in the recording playback.
- Various formatting and usability issues were fixed across the application.
- Not able to use Safari or Chrome on a mobile device. The work around is to download the Evercast Mobile App.
- When a window is resized to a width of less than 1,000 pixels, user still has to scroll down to click. Go Live button.
- When downloading notes, items in download are not listed in chronological order.
- In live room, the Room Name that displays in the lower left corner by the exit button, if the room name text has less than 20 characters, the displayed text is shortened and shows ellipses “…” instead. If user hovers mouse over room name, full text is displayed.
Stay tuned! Exciting features are coming soon.