We’re excited that you’re making the switch over to the new Evercast! We want to make your move as easy as possible.
If you are behind a corporate firewall, stop here and send this information to your IT teams. The Whitelisting information can be found here.
Before you continue reading below, it's important to understand that the room owner controls which version their room participants join. As the room owner, please ensure you are inviting your participants to the new Evercast room. If you are a participant, please coordinate with the room owner as to which version you will join.
Here’s how to get started:
1. You can use the same email address and password that you were using on Evercast Legacy, the previous version of Evercast. Just head to https://app.evercast.us, and sign in using your same login credentials as before.
2. Once you have logged in, you should see the same rooms that you had previously seen in the Evercast Legacy dashboard.
3. If you are streaming to the room, you’ll need to update your server name. To do so, open EBS and navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘Stream.’ Update the ‘Server Name’ to wss://app.evercast.us/websockets. The ‘Server Room’ and ‘Stream Key’ do not need to be changed; they remain the same as they were in your Evercast Legacy room.
4. Now, you will want to double-check your settings between EBS and your Evercast room. From your Evercast room on Google Chrome, navigate to the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. At the bottom right, click ‘More’ > EBS Stream Keys. (You may need to also click ‘Show Stream Key’ and then ‘Refresh Stream Key’ if you don't yet have a stream key for your login.) Now open EBS, and go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Stream.’ Ensure that the keys shown in EBS match the keys in your Evercast room.
5. Anyone you have invited to your room previously will still have access to your room. However, because the URL has changed, you will either need to send them a new invite from your room (which will share the new URL) or tell them to update the first part of the URL from v2.evercast.us to app.evercast.us. Please also update bookmarks accordingly.
To invite participants to the new Evercast room from the app, click the 3 dots in the upper-righthand corner of the Evercast room in Google Chrome and select ‘Room Access.’
That's it! Happy streaming!