THIS ARTICLE IS BROKEN INTO TWO PARTS. TROUBLESHOOTING IF YOU'RE SENDING THE STREAM, AND TROUBLESHOOTING FOR A PARTICIPANT
1) If you are sending the stream, make sure you are hard-wired to the internet and that wifi is turned off (if on a Mac).
2) If you are sending the stream and you don't see the freeze happening when you are looking at the stream in Chrome, that means the issue is with the participant. Ask them if they can hard-wire their computer to the internet, or adjust your bit-rate in EBS to 2500 (2.5 mbps) and see if that helps.
3) Your CPU may be overworked. Two quick things you can do to check:
- If you have Evercast running Chrome on the same computer, close Chrome, and ask participants if the stream improved.
- In EBS settings, adjust the resolution to 720 and the FPS to 30.
- To learn more about recommended computer specs for sending a stream, please visit this article.
4) Check to verify that no one is uploading large amounts of files on your network.
5) Check to verify that your computer is not uploading or downloading files.
6) Restart the computer.
For detailed troubleshooting on this particular subject:
Mac: Click here