When it comes to having a great streaming experience on Evercast, there are a few specs we recommend.
If you are streaming:
- CPU: On the computer that you are streaming from, we recommend you have at minimum a 4-core i7 CPU or 8th generation 4-core i5.
- Memory: 16gb or more.
- Mac Operating System: Sierra or newer. Evercast will work on older versions of Mac OS, but we recommend newer operating system because they provide better security for your computer.
- PC Operating System: Windows 10.
- Linux: You will soon be able to stream from Linux.
- Internet: We highly recommend a hard-wired internet connection for sending a stream, with at least 10mbps up/down. However, you can stream with less internet speed by changing a few settings on our EBS app. This will reduce the picture quality but still enable you to get the job done.
If you are attending:
- Computer: For the most part, any computer can attend an Evercast session as long as it's able to run Chrome.
- Internet: You may use wifi when attending a live Evercast session. However, wifi can sometimes be unpredictable when it comes to low-latency live-streaming. If you are able, hard-wiring your computer to the internet is always preferred.