1. Hardwire your Mac to the internet. Also, turn off wifi!
2) If you are using a breakout box (i.e. Blackmagic, AJA, Nitris), you must disable the breakout box first in order to use loopback. Once disabled, shut down Avid.
Below is an example of how to disable a breakout box in Avid Media Composer.
3) Download and install Loopback. You will also need to purchase a license. If you don’t have a Loopback license, please click here.
4) With loopback open, select your source (the application you're pulling audio from), and select a monitor (what output you want the application to play out from - i.e. your computer speakers).
5) Once loopback is configured, open the application that you selected in loopback (i.e. Avid, Premiere, etc) and play audio. If you see the green audio meters move in loopback, you are good to go on to the next step.
6) Download and install this first piece of Evercast software (unzip first). Note: Before installing, please watch this short video regarding Apple’s macOS security policy.
Once you have completed the video, continue to download and install.
7) Download and install the last piece of Evercast software.
8) Open chrome, visit https://v2.evercast.us/ and log in with your credentials.
9) On your dashboard, click the room you would like to stream to. If you don’t have any rooms, you will need to create one, or ask to be invited.
10) You will be taken to the pre-room. Please watch this short video.
11) Open finder / applications on the Mac workstation and open the EBS application. You may also want to add EBS to your dock for easy access.
12) In order for EBS to stream correctly, it needs to know which room to stream to. Please watch this short video. Note: In order for EBS to stream, at least one person must be inside the Evercast room.
13) To stream your screen and and loopback audio, please watch this short video.
14) Final settings. Please watch this short video.
15) Starting a stream. Note: When you start an EBS stream, it will take about 30 seconds to reach full HD quality.